- About us
- Event Management
- Online Learning
- Association for the Study of Obesity
- British Society of Echocardiography
- British Society for Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes
- European Society for Endocrinology
- European Society for Paediatric Endocrinology
- Society for Endocrinology
- Society for Reproduction and Fertility
- UK and Ireland Neuroendocrine Tumour Society
What data do we collect?
When you use the Bioscientifica website, we send your computer a small file called a cookie, which we can access when you visit this site in future. To analyse our cookie data, we use a third party service provided by Google LLC called Google Analytics.
We collect this information to help this site run smoothly and to analyse trends in the way our users interact with the site. We will never process your cookie data in a way that identifies you as an individual.
If you use third party social media services such as Twitter and Facebook via this site, those services may also place cookies on your computer when you use this site. Third party cookies are not covered by this policy, and we encourage users to read the cookie policies of these sites.
You can change your cookie preferences for this site at any time by clicking ‘cookie settings’ in our website footer (at the bottom of every page on this site).
Data you supply via online forms
You may choose to submit your personal information to us by filling in an online form on this website. Examples of when we may collect personal information from you in this way include when you join a mailing list.
Whenever you provide your personal information to us via an online form, we will ensure that the form contains a clear statement, outlining exactly how we will use your data, and how long we will retain your data for.
We will only ever use your personal data for marketing purposes if you have consented to this.
Information we collect at receipt and opening of emails
We use a third party provider, Dotdigital, to deliver our marketing emails. If you have opted-in to receive marketing communications from us, we will collect the following information on your email consumption:
- how you interacted with each email: e.g. whether you opened, deleted or forwarded the email, and details of any links you clicked
- the type of device you used to open the email
- your browser type and operating system
- your geographic location.
How is my information stored?
The information you provide to us via this website is stored on Bioscientifica’s systems on a secure remote server. Bioscientifica has implemented stringent security policies and technical measures to protect your information from unauthorised use, or accidental loss. Any personal information held by Bioscientifica is stored securely, and is only accessible by authorised personnel. Individuals’ data is only stored for as long as it is required, and will be securely disposed of appropriately when it is no longer needed.
We do not disclose your personal data to other organisations other than as necessary for the purposes for which you have supplied your information, to comply with our legal obligations.
Links to third party websites
You have the right to access any personal information that Bioscientifica Ltd holds about you. If we do hold information about you we will, upon your request:
- give you a description of the information we hold about you
- tell you why we are holding this information
- tell you who this information could be disclosed to
- allow you to have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
If you would like access your personal information, please contact:
Tel: +44 (0)1454 642200
Post: Starling House, 1600 Bristol Parkway North, Bristol, BS34 8YU
This policy was last updated on 15 May 2018.