- About us
- Event Management
- Association Management
- British Society of Echocardiography
- British Society for Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes
- European Society for Endocrinology
- European Society for Paediatric Endocrinology
- European Thyroid Association
- Society for Endocrinology
- Society for Reproduction and Fertility
- UK and Ireland Neuroendocrine Tumour Society
AJ van der Lely
Professor Aart Jan (AJ) van der Lely is Head of the Division of Endocrinology and Vice Head of the Department of Internal Medicine at the Erasmus University Medical Center in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. His main research areas are pituitary diseases and the role of gut hormones in health and disease.
Professor van der Lely has served as the President for a number of learned societies, including the Dutch Endocrine Society, the European Society of Endocrinology, the European Hormone Society, and the Pituitary Society; he is also former Secretary of the Section of Endocrinology of the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS). He served on the board of the International Society of Endocrinology and was a member of the last Global Task Force of the Endocrine Society.
Professor van der Lely has also held positions on the editorial boards of several scholarly journals, including: Current Opinion in Endocrine and Metabolic Research, Clinical Endocrinology, the Journal of Endocrinological Investigation, Clinical Interventions in Aging, Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, Endocrinology, and Nature Reviews in Endocrinology.