- About us
- Event Management
- Online Learning
- Association for the Study of Obesity
- British Society of Echocardiography
- British Society for Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes
- European Society for Endocrinology
- European Society for Paediatric Endocrinology
- Society for Endocrinology
- Society for Reproduction and Fertility
- UK and Ireland Neuroendocrine Tumour Society
The Program Organising Committee chaired by Dr Barbra McGowan will be developing the new program for Obesity Update 2020. You can suggest additions to the program via the button below.Programme suggestion form
Obesity Update 2019 covered a range of current topics and debate around the scientific research and clinical treatment of obesity.
Programme highlights include:
- A Year In Review:
Looking at highlights from across the year, including 'Obesity pharmacotherapy' (John Wilding), an 'Update on fatty liver disease' (Philip Newsome) and 'Novel endoscopic techniques for obesity treatments' (Bu'Hussain Hayee).
Topics include: 'Can it be healthy to be overweight? If so When?' (Katarina Kos) and 'CVOTs in obesity - Where are we coming from, where are we going?' (Nick Finer).
'Very low-calorie diets for the treatment of Type 2 diabetes and obesity are a waste of time' ( Tricia Tan & Abd Tahrani).
- Case discussions:
Complex clinical cases from pregnancy, type 2 diabetes and hypoglycemia.
- Abstract posters:
Abstracts to Obesity Update 2019 exposed work to experts from across the UK - view the Abstract page for further information.