How we promote authors' work
We believe the research we publish is worth shouting about, which is why we work hard to maximise the visibility of all published articles to audiences across the world.
Discoverability & Indexing
We ensure all articles published are highly discoverable and widely indexed:
- All articles are available on HighWire desktop and mobile websites
- Our journal websites are search engine optimised
- All journals are indexed in PubMed and other major scientific databases.
We have a dedicated team of professionals who work on a maximum of 5 journals each. This allows the development of specialist knowledge of the field and creates the time to promote published articles on an individual basis. We promote content with activities such as:
- Bimonthly journal newsletters highlighting high-interest articles
- Attendance at and sponsorship of smaller, subject-specific meetings
- Regular social media posts featuring the latest content and news
- Advertising in a range of media, both online and in print
- Communicating to the membership of the societies which own or endorse our journals.
All our journals are truly international, giving published articles the global exposure they deserve:
- All journals have international editorial boards
- Attendance at major international conferences
- Google Translate functionality is available on all full-text articles and abstracts online, along with a translated abstract option for select journals
- All journals are owned or endorsed by high-profile societies from around the world
- Geography-specific marketing is regularly undertaken.
High-interest articles are selected by Bioscientifica’s communications team to be press released. These press releases are shared with local, national and international media.
While we do our best to promote all articles, it is also in the interest of authors to promote their own published work to increase readers and citations.