- About us
- Event Management
- Online Learning
- Association for the Study of Obesity
- British Society of Echocardiography
- British Society for Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes
- European Society for Endocrinology
- European Society for Paediatric Endocrinology
- Society for Endocrinology
- Society for Reproduction and Fertility
- UK and Ireland Neuroendocrine Tumour Society
Editor-in-Chief for Endocrine Connections
Interview date: May 2020
The European Society of Endocrinology and Society for Endocrinology invite applications for the role of Editor-in-Chief of Endocrine Connections, for a five-year term starting in January 2021.
Endocrine Connections is a society-owned open access journal offering authors the highest possible visibility for their work and stimulating cross-discipline collaboration. The Journal publishes basic, translational and clinical research and reviews in all areas of endocrinology, including papers that deal with non-classical tissues as source or targets of hormones and endocrine papers that have relevance to endocrine-related and intersecting disciplines and the wider biomedical community.
Governed by a single Editor-in-Chief with the assistance of an expert Editorial Board, Endocrine Connections is published by Bioscientifica on behalf of European Society of Endocrinology and Society for Endocrinology.
The Editor-in-Chief oversees the peer review process and journal development, including the following:
• Triaging all new submissions for suitability prior to external peer review
• Overseeing the peer-review process, with support of the Publisher and confirming a decision for all submissions, ensuring consistent standards of acceptance and rejection are maintained
• In collaboration with the Publisher, agree on the structure of and appoint an international Editorial Board
• Advising on journal development by identifying topics and global regions of emerging importance and soliciting submissions, including the commissioning of review articles
• Providing market feedback to the Publisher to aid the development of marketing strategy and representing the Journal internationally
• Chairing an annual Editorial Board meeting as well as attending regular meetings with the Publisher
• Participation in the European Society of Endocrinology Publishing and Communication Committee meeting and Society for Endocrinology Publications Committee meeting
• Extensive editorial and administrative support is provided by the Publisher and an honorarium is paid annually.
Applicants should submit the following materials:
• CV including publication history and relevant editorial experience
• A critique of the present status of the Journal, identifying opportunities for development
Applicants do not need to be members of the European Society of Endocrinology and Society for Endocrinology in order to apply, however, the successful candidate will be expected to seek membership on acceptance of the position.
Applications are due by: 1 April 2020
Applications should be emailed to Beata Kos-Kudla, Chair of the European Society of Endocrinology Publishing and Communications Committee and Eleanor Davis, Chair of the Society for Endocrinology Publications Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Candidates will be shortlisted and interviews will be held in May 2020