BioSciAcademy seminars provide training and discussion on best practice in the governance and management of medical and scientific societies. If there is a topic you would like to see covered, please contact us.
The next BioSciAcademy training event is currently under development, keep an eye on this page for any new information.
- Trustee’s Training, in collaboration with the Society of Biology. Slides from the day are now available.
- A workshop on ‘Financial scenario planning for bioscience societies’ was held on 25 September 2009.
- A seminar on Charity Commission Public Benefit Guidance was held on 27 January 2009 and was attended by the Presidents and Chief Executives of 22 societies. The briefing on this is available to download from the briefings page.
Other topics in which interest has been expressed are:
- Surviving a recession
- Strategy for learned society Officers
- Strategy for learned society Chief Executives
- How to manage your publisher
- In-house versus outsourcing
- Data protection and societies
If you are interested in any of these, please contact