Advice for non-English speakers
In order for our expert reviewers to make a clear assessment of your manuscript, it is very important that you use clear, concise English.
If you are a non-English speaker then we strongly recommend that, at the very least, you get your manuscript checked by an English speaker.
Better still, you can make use of an English language editing service ensure that your work is checked for spelling, punctuation and grammar. Bioscientifica collaborates with Enago, one of the world's leading academic editing service providers, to offer English editing services at a discounted rate. Find out more.
Why is it important?
- Reviewers can focus on your science
- Increase your chance of acceptance
- Increase the impact of your research on the scientific community
- Accelerate the understanding of your manuscript
- Increase readers’ faith in the quality of your science, if the quality of your English is high.
- Have your paper checked before submission to avoid delays at a later stage
- Remember to keep your language simple and use one idea per sentence
- Avoid self-plagiarism: don’t repeat phrases from manuscript to manuscript
- Unsure about the standard of English required? Send your manuscript by email to the editorial office for a quick answer.